Sunday, October 23, 2011

back to the bloggin'...

I had a blog a couple of years ago.  I would forget to use it, and then eventually forgot that I had it.  Things have been crazy busy lately for me!  I just hosted my first race- Travis Burkhart Foundation "Steps For Hope" 5k/10k walk/run.  It was a success!  We raised around $6500!!!  The proceeds go to fund scholarships for therapeutic horse riding sessions.  I am so excited that many individuals will benefit from this! From what I heard, those who participated or volunteered had a good time.
Next up is my best friend's wedding.  I am her matron of honor, and I cannot wait to celebrate with her and John.  After the wedding, the holidays will be here.  Crazy to think it almost that time of year again...which means a new year is approaching!

Asking for prayers for my Grandpa Bill.  He is not doing very well, and it breaks my heart...   Cancer is a mean thing that seems to be a common word for my family.  It still does not seem real that Granny is gone.  She passed on 4th of July, and I still find myself sometimes thinking, "I need to call Granny."

Kelli Grissom and I at the race on 10.22.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment