Sunday, March 4, 2012

Busy Bees!

The weekend definitely went by way too fast!  Friday I had plans to go see my Grandpa Bill in Odon; however, due to the weather forecast I had to cancel.  So instead, I opened the windows and did a good cleaning on the house.  By the time I was finished, it was lunch time.  I thought I had plenty of time to run to Subway and the bank and be back home before the storm hit.  Wrong!  All was well until I was in line at Subway.  Next thing I knew it was raining so hard and hailing.  As I ran out to my truck clutching my big 'ol belly and sandwich, the rain was just drenching me! My hair was dripping wet, and my clothes were soaked- I could have wrung them out!  I did not want to sit in the parking lot and wait it out, especially since there were tornado warnings.  So I hurried home and made it safe and sound.  As I was sitting at the bar watching the news and enjoying my Subway sandwich, I noticed the weather outside was becoming worse.  The rain and hail had stopped for the time being, but the sky was going crazy.  I never heard any warnings for people in McCutchanville to take cover, so Lola and I stood at the back sliding door and watched the clouds.  I noticed to the east of my house there was a funky looking cloud that V-ed down.  During this time I was texting my friend Keely who lives the next subdivision over.  I was in the process of taking a pic of the funky clouds and sending it to her, but she beat me to it and sent one of the same cloud to me.  We found out later that funky V cloud was the tornado that touched down less than 10 miles from our houses.  CRAZY! I spent the next two hours watching the news and hearing of all the many tornados that touched down in southern Indiana that day.  Really thinking and praying for those who were affected.  The story of the little girl who was found in field alive, yet her family was dead broke my heart.  Today I heard she passed away :(  The weather this year has been so unpredictable. 

Thank goodness Saturday was calm.  The temperature sure dropped some, but overall it was a good day.  Clint's dad, stepmom, and grandma Carolyn came down for a visit.  It was so good to see them all again.  Tim got to see what room he is going to help Clint paint for the nursery.  I cannot wait to put the baby's room together!  I plan on ordering the bedding this week.  Oh and speaking of, little man will have a western/cowboy themed room-- Yee Haw! :)

Today my sister, brother-n-law, and nephew Ethan came down.  Cliff stayed at the house with Clint to help out with some things, while Nancy, Ethan, and I went to the movies to watch Dr. Suess' Lorax.  Very good movie!  Ethan really enjoyed it too. 

I am almost to the 6 month mark in this pregnancy! Woo hoo!  He sure kicks and dances a lot. I noticed when I get hungry, he does too and lets me know by river dancing inside of my tummy :)  I do not eat any more than what I did pre-preggo because there is not enough room!  I get full sooo easy now, yet I will still be hungry.  If I force that extra couple bites down, I am so miserable.  I am hoping the summer heat is kind to me this year.  I am just thankful I do not have to go through the entire summer being pregnant.  I keep saying I will have a July 4th baby.  I do not know why, I just can see it happening. 

I am hoping the work week flies by.  This upcoming weekend Clint and I start  baby classes at Women's Hospital. I am sure we will learn a lot!  We registered at Babies-R-Us last Sunday.  Very overwhelming!!  I knew babies required a lot of things, but the reality of it hit us when we were there registering!  Unfortunately, there is a glich in the system.  If you go into the store and print out registry, it is accurate.  If you look online, everything is correct except for the clothes.  It shows we registered for girl clothing.  I went into the store and had it fixed.  Did not work.  Talked to manager a few times over the phone, still not fixed.  Come to find out it is an issue that corporate is having, and they are trying to get their IT guys to straighten it out.  Apparently it has been an ongoing problem since the beginning of February, and I am one of many who have been affected.  I am hoping they get it fixed by the time my baby shower rolls around! 

Well my belly is full of tator tot casserole, and it is my bed time.  Have a good evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment