Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pinterest Polly!!

Well I am one week away from being officially 6 months pregnant.  Finally, I am able to eat meat again which also means I am back to cooking a lot.  I do love cooking/baking, and it is nice to be able to eat what I make.  Pinterest has been addicting- only for the recipes.  I have found so many different ones I want try.  Also, I have found lots of yummy looking desserts on there.  So far everything I have attempted has turned out great and has tasted good!  Clint has even liked everything so far.  I promised him I would slow down on the baking because at this rate he and I will gain lots of weight!  I know this is the time of my life I can enjoy eating, but I have already gotten in trouble once for my sugar intake.  I will just have to eat my desserts in moderation.  I know this sounds crazy, but I am already thinking about after the baby comes and getting my body back.  YES, I am fully aware I will be tired and will be busy with our son; however, Clint has promised he will allow me my gym time.  Since I plan on breast-feeding, I will work hard on eating right so I am giving our baby the proper nutrition.

This weekend Clint and I had baby class.  It was Saturday and Sunday 12p-5p each day.  We learned a lot, toured the hopsital, and Clint even got to practice changing a diaper (he has never changed one in real life!)  Overall, we were pleased with the weekend workshop.  They showed us a video of a couple births, and I am not going to lie when I say it kinda freaks me out I will be going through that very soon!!  I am a HUGE weenie when it comes to pain, and I will definitely be ready for the epidural. 

In just 3 weeks Clint and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary!! I cannot believe it has already been one year!!  I had so much fun at our wedding, and wish I could re-do the day again in slow motion.  There were so many people there I did not get a chance to talk to.  I am still so thankful that Granny was there.  None of us knew that just 2 months later she would randomly get diagnosed with cancer and then pass away 4 weeks after that.  She passed away on July 4th, and I still think I will have my baby on that day.  It is hard to believe she is gone, but I know she is in Heaven hanging out with many loved ones and friends.  It is sad to when you realize how things change when a grandparent passes away....

On a happier note, our friends the Higgins' found out they are having a little boy too!  They are due a month after us.  That means future Brock and Clint Jr.'s!!  In that group of friends, everyone who has kids has boys.  So this could be fun with two more little boys joining in this summer! :)

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment