Sunday, April 1, 2012

Time Flies!!!

I realized I started to fall behind again on my blog- oops! 

Tomorrow is our 1 year wedding anniversary!! Time really flies because it does not seem like it has been that long.  I really wish we had our wedding ceremony/reception on video.  I do have the print out of our vows, which I plan on getting out of the safe today or tomorrow.  I wish the weather was as warm a year ago as it is now! However, we had sunshine and overall it was a great day.  The day before my wedding I remember Clint and I drove up in separate vehicles (we had so much stuff).  Clint called me before he even exited Vanderburgh County; he realized he forgot to get Andrew's tux.  Once I got to Daviess Co., I went to my sister's, and as I was leaving to go to rehearsal Big Red decided to not work!  Smoke was coming out of the vents, and I was worried because my truck was loaded down with so much stuff- including my wedding dress.  Clint came to fetch me and all of my stuff in one of the groomsmen's truck.  We made it to rehearsal with plenty of time.  After rehearsal, the bridesmaids minus my sister plus Sarah had a slumber party at Tiffanie's.  I love having girl time with that group- ALWAYS a good time with lots of laughs.  I could not sleep very well that night- duh! I was so excited the next morning when I woke up.  It finally had arrived!  I was going to become Susan Ramsey! Those who do not know the full history of Clint and myself do not understand that this was the day most of my family and close friends had predicted a long time ago.  We were high school sweethearts.  I broke up with him in February of our senior year.  So yes, I was the mean heart-breaker.  There was a 10 year gap that we were dating other people.  However, during those 10 years, Clint was ALWAYS the first person to wish me a happy birthday after midnight via text or email.  We would go months of no contact, then would send a random email asking about the other person and their family.  We would even vent to each other about whoever we were dating at the time!! Then the time came in 2010 to where we both were single.  We started talking/hanging out...then next thing you know we were dating.  After a few weeks of dating we realized "this is it."  We did not want to be apart, we loved being around each other, and well we fell in love again.  So right away we knew we were going to be married.  He proposed to me on November 5, 2010, and the OCD "get it done now" person I am, planned our wedding in less than 5 months.  On April 2, 2011 we said "I Do, " and I am the happiest I have ever been!  And well as most of you know, we have a little on the way to add to our family. :)
Back to the wedding, it definitely was a GREAT night!  I got to see many old friends, and I wish I had the chance to sit down and talk to everyone.  But those of you who know me...I like to have fun and get my dance on!  Clint is the same way.  I do not think we hardly ever left that dance floor.  For those that were still there, Clint even sang "The Humpty Dance!"  He knows the entire song, and sings it really well...lol The one thing I wish SOOO bad I had on video was the father/daughter dance.  I had NO idea what was about to happen.  We started out dancing to George Strait's "The Best Day of My Life," and he looked at me and said, "Let's dance to Funky Cold Medina!"  So I looked over at Byron our DJ and told him to change it.  The rest was history.  I never knew my dad could have such "moves" LOL!  Also, another memorable moment was the best man/maid of honor speeches.  Both were classic!!!  After a long night of dancing and having fun, majority of us at the reception including my parents headed to Red Bones.  I think Clint spent most of our dollar dance money on buying rounds of shots for all of us! After a while there, Clint and I decided we were starving so we headed to Taco Bell in our wedding gear.  We ordered SO much food, and when I awoke the next day, I had Taco Bell in my veil, on my dress, and all over Clint's jeep!





I am SO thankful my Granny was able to be at our wedding.  None us had a clue she would be leaving us 3 months after our wedding.  I miss her a lot, and find myself sometimes thinking of something I want to call and tell her about.  Cherish your loved ones!  You never know when they will be taken from you!




Now back to present time.  This weekend we ordered Baby Ramsey's furniture.  I am two weeks away from being 7 months pregnant and entering my 3rd trimester- Yipes!  In two weeks, we will officially start working on the nursery...well I should say Clint and his dad will start working on the nursery :)


Well I need to get ready- we have our first Easter dinner for the year at my Grandma's.  I am excited about his warm weather!  I can finally wear my summer dresses, which by the way make me laugh when I put them on.  I look like a moo-moo cow in them!! Oh well, as long as I stay cool!  I use to be so cold-natured, and this pregnancy is making me have horrible hot flashes! 

Happy Sunday! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment